Friday 11 December 2009

Ode to a grieved heart


It’s the end of his life and the beginning of my sorrow

The doors of suffering are open for today and tomorrow

A kind of pain without refrain.

Since you left this world, things are so absurd

I was the one who wanted to choose,

Who wanted to play but never lose.

I miss you now! You wanted to play

You went away, you refused to stay.

Why didn’t you stay with me?

Did you want to leave me alone?

With you everything is gone.

Nobody believes that I can carry on

Minute after minute, hour after hour,

Your memory has an everlasting power.

The four years of separation didn’t make me forget,

Your smile, your words even after you left,

To a better world while I stayed in the dust.

No one but you can reply to my quest.

Don’t tell me that our souls are separated by death,

In my mind, the image of a body without breath,

Your dead body lying without a sound,

A voice shouting that soon you’ll be in a peaceful ground

In the hands of God, a world entirely divine.

Smiling at us, you say that you are really fine.

You were a cousin and more than that for me,

A brother, a friend and all the humanity.

No words can describe what I bear

No tears can show what I fear.

May God help me out of this madness,

With your love, I shall survive despite my sadness.

M.T. 3rd Sec

(Slightly edited by A. Hadji)

2 comments:

  1. Very touching , I liked it a lot especially these two lines
    May God help me out of this madness,

    With your love, I shall survive despite my sadness.
    Really very sensitive and heart - touching !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed. Wisdom coming even from immature people.

    ReplyDelete